Google+

Thursday 6 January 2011

86% of Women Fail to Lose Weight Long Term on a Diet

Everywhere you look at the moment – the papers, magazines and TV –  you see adverts and articles for weight loss through dieting, special foods and pills. It's very positive and encouraging that people are so interested in losing weight at this time of year but it is a sad fact that many of them will be disappointed.

You may, like me, start a diet with the best of intentions, but all the facts tell us that more than 90 per cent of people put bachealthy eatingk on all the weight they’ve lost. Diets don’t work in the long term.
The latest research to come out just before Christmas showed that although one in three British women had been on a diet in the past 12 months, a massive 86 per cent failed to lose any long-term weight.

Our big trouble is that we’re a nation of yo-yo dieters and we’re so accustomed to diets failing that when we start to put pounds back on we just give up and let the weight pile back.  Without a change for life, diets are just not sustainable.

That’s the beauty of the Thinking Slimmer method. Because a Slimpod retunes your mind to see food and exercise differently, it doesn’t rely on willpower or determination.  You lose weight without making any conscious effort.  By listening to the Slimpod everyday, you became more aware of being full and feel satisfied with less food.  I began to savour my food much more and felt happy to stop eating when my body said I'd eaten enough.  I lost 7lbs in the first two weeks of my trial.  Unfortunately, a bad cold followed by Christmas saw my efforts slip.  However, as I know that it really did change the way I thought about food, and I saw weightloss, I am restarting the programme as part of my New Year's Resolutions. 
 
Do yourself a New Year favour and visit the website at ThinkingSlimmer.com. You could be taking the first step towards changing your life for ever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...