Google+

Sunday 6 November 2011

Listography...Top 5 Teen Crushes

What a great theme this week for Listography....top 5 teen crushes!  Whenever I think of teen crushes I recall my big sister Carol and her crush on Donny Osmond in the 70s.  Her bedroom walls were literally plastered with Donny pics including a poster of him in his purple velvet hat.  My Nan visited one weekend and on entering Carol's room had a complete turn at the shocking sight of wall to wall Donny and had to lie down all a fluster for the remainder of the day!

As for me, I was a teen in the 80s. I actually kept a list of prospective love interests and truly hoped that I may end up married to one of them!

1: Pete Murphy

The Bauhaus frontman and the Maxell Tapes advert  poster boy, was just the most divine specimen of manhood.  All cheekbones, eyeliner and chiselled jaw, the post punk rocker was exquisite.  I saw him perform live when I was about 13.  I was right at the front and got trampled by punks in steel toe capped DMs and mohicans...but I swear Pete Murphy looked straight at me making my injuries worthwhile! Swoons!

2: John Taylor


John was my Duran Duran-ie of choice.  I sometimes wore a trilby and pretended it had belonged to him!

3: The Lost Boys (all of them!)

I would have offered my throat to any/all of the super hot vampires from the Lost Boys.  The one with the long black hair was my favourite, but Keifer Sutherland in undead form would have done too!  This is still one of my favourite films...love it!!

4:  Howard Keel...My Sugar Daddy of choice!


I've got a bit of a thing for musicals and I love Calamity Jane.  Howard Keel's Wild Bill Hickock was the older man who I would have liked to sweep me off my feet and take care of me in his strong manly manner!

5:  Tim Matheson

My earliest crush was back in the late 70s when I used to watch the Quest.  Tim Matheson and Kurt Russell played brothers separated when Indians kidnapped Kurt Russell and their sister.  The brothers were reunited some years later and then went on their quest to find their sister who was still missing.  With one in his cowboy outfit and one in an Indian get up, they ticked two role play boxes.  I favoured the tall, dark handsome cowboy Morgan Beaudine played by Tim Matheson. I wanted to ride off into the sunset with him!!

I will leave you with a picture of my real teen crush, and the man I did eventually marry...Pete, John, Keifer, Howard and Tim move aside!  This is the real man I fancy...my very own Ian!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...